Lunch, byChloe

Breakfast was unexciting because I got myself invited to an education session on green building codes. As a consolation for starting my day at 7am instead of the more common 9:30 conference start time, the event included food. The vegan option was a broccoli strata. It was good. Onto lunch.

I've been to byChloe in NYC a few times. It's delightful. And "cozy." The Boston seaport location is far more spacious; there's no need to scope out a table while waiting for your food. 

The food is there delicious and creative. Today I ordered a BBQ burger, which had seitan, shiitake, pineapple, onions, and of course bbq sauce. They called it a burger, but it really fell somewhere on the spectrum between a burger and a sloppy joe. In fact, it reminded me of a jackfruit sloppy joe I once made years ago.

It just occurred to me that I should have taken a picture of my meal, but I was hungry. Oh well, check out the website I guess.

I also ordered a side of mac and cheese. The cheese sauce was made with sweet potatoes, and clearly some spices because it delivered a little heat. (Side note, the iPad I'm using really want to capitalize "Mac." There it goes again.) The pasta was actually shells, not macaroni. That was fine, but they cooked it softer than my preference. They made up for that by topping it with shiitake bacon, which was crispy and wonderful.

A guy walked by me carrying a large order of fries, with byChloe's signature beet ketchup. I had forgotten they had that; missed opportunity. I suppose I could go back for an order, but I already finished my meal with a cappuccino cinnamon cookie topped with chocolate chips. I'm good.
Okay, sure. Here's a photo. Time for me to figure out dinner.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Veggie Galaxy, an indulgent experience in Cambridge

VeganStrong Boston

Dinner with the USGBC